WORK WITH US
The Caledonian Centre considers applications from people who meet the following requirements
• Native English speaker
• European permit holder
• University degree or similar
• TEFL / CELTA qualification
• Previous teaching experience is essential ( minimum 1 year )
• Spanish is not essential but an advantage
Attributes in teachers
• You should be A friendly and approachable person who shows a positive attitude towards teaching and motivating young learners and teens alike.
• Professional in your approach to lesson planning and classroom management, always aiming to ensure quality language teaching.
• Apart from your degree, EFL teaching certificate and some useful experience in the field, you should be open to developing your knowledge of teaching skills and methodologies and willing to move with the rapidly advancing world of technology.
• Flexible and capable of adapting to teaching various ability levels and age groups within the teaching centre.
• Reliability is of utmost importance to us.
Therefore, you should convey that as a Caledonian teacher you would live up to your teaching responsibilities and carry them out with a professional attitude. At the same time we will endeavour to help you as much as possible in order to make our working relationship enjoyable and memorable.
Davey Northcott 2009-2013
Working at Caledonian is a great experience, very different from the normal ‘arrive one year, leave the next’ turn over in most academies. Here you feel that you actually want to stay on and continue teaching, you are treated well and have a large selection of materials at your disposal. The students are, on the whole, a good bunch and if there are ever problems you are given support in dealing with them. Staff are all friendly and there is flexibility in the number of hours you feel that you would like to work; be it more or less. So yes, I would recommend that anyone who would like the chance to live in a beautiful and historically fascinating city, while working in a rewarding and professional environment, send a CV in to Margaret or Georgia asap!”